The Bragging Kids Club - Part I

I have decide to start off my blog with a repost of all notes I had ever uploaded elsewhere. This Note was inspired after I got my law school result. I was so overwhelmed, I was instantly transformed into a poet..hehe...

The things the blessings of God can cause.. Enjoy



THE BRAGGING KIDS CLUB
Kids love to compare fathers
We hear “my daddy can beat your daddy”
“My dad’s car is finer”, “if you see my daddy’s office ehn...”
Today is the day I join the bragging Kids club.


In all fairness and without exaggerating,
My dad is all of those things kids brag about and even more
At the risk of sounding pompous my father is RICH
And believe it or not he’s a king too.


The part about my father that trips me the most however is the way he loves me
Let me confess that I think my father is partial when it comes to me
We are quite a number of children but yet I get special treatment all the time.
He’s a very busy man yet every time I call he picks up and listens to me
No matter how often I bother him, he never shouts
His voice is always still and gentle
I approach his room and office whenever I feel like it
Confident that when I knock, he’ll open the door personally.


When I ask him for anything he more often than not gives me
The few times he doesn’t he points out to me later why he didn’t
When I have to do anything that scares me, like an exam or an interview...
He goes with me tells me not to be afraid and holds my hand all through it


He’s always telling me to be humble, to love my neighbours
He’s always telling me of how much he loves me
He’s always showing off through me and sometimes I get embarrassed
But those are just ways of trying to show how much he loves me
He gives me priceless gifts, does things that cannot be quantified
It’s been always him, him, and him.


So today I’ve decided to start by joining the bragging Kids club
Leave this little note around so that perhaps if you’re a friend of my dad
When you come across this poetic note about him
You can please tell him, that I wrote this about him
So he’ll know how much I love him, how much I appreciate him
How much I adore him and how grateful I am.
-Gbemmy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food-Xperiments

Dear DSTV,

Med-View Airline and its Foreign Cabin Crew!