Memo from the Bragging Kids Club


Today as always, I look back and reflect on the wonderful things that my dear father has made possible. Each time I start from the point where I was wise enough to acknowledge the things he made possible.

Had it not been for him:

Perhaps I would have still been trying to make one paper at SSCE level or maybe I would have given up;

Perhaps I would have still been writing Jamb or maybe I would have eventually given up on a formal education;

Perhaps I would have not gotten admitted into any University or maybe I would have gone to learn a trade;

Perhaps I would have still been battling with one carry over or the other or maybe I would have given up;

Perhaps I would have eventually finished but failed to make it into law school, or maybe I would have taken up a different career;

Perhaps I would have made law school but failed to make the Bar or maybe I would have eventually given up law;

Perhaps I would have the made the bar but died while serving my nation like some of my fellow corp members;

Perhaps I would have made it through NYSC but failed to get a job or maybe I would have taken up a trade;

Perhaps I would have gotten a job,, but remained in the same position with no progress or maybe I would have resigned;

Perhaps I would just be on my own but have died like so many young people who were shot by robbers on their way to church, involved in car accidents or had a serious illness or even minor headaches;

Perhaps I would have survived all of this, gained the world but know you not.

Dear Lord, Had you not been on my side, I don’t even want to imagine where I would be. Thank you for my wonderful family,  Mon Cherie and my amazing friends and acquaintances.

Thank you for exceeding my expectations and a very big Thank you because between my last birthday and this one, you have used my life as evidence of what only you are capable of doing.

On this special day all I have to say is THANK YOU LORD.

xoxo

This is a repost from March 15, 2012. My Birthday...I'm usually at my best that day...:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food-Xperiments

Dear DSTV,

Med-View Airline and its Foreign Cabin Crew!