Food-Xperiments

Recently, I have been trying my hands out on some food -Xperiments, been reading Food Blogs like the dailies and been discovering some amazing food secrets like the Sesame Seed Oil (thanks to my food network watching cousin)!!!

I'm not a big eater, in fact I can be perfectly defined as "the lady that does not eat" I get comments like "that's why you're not fat" "when you won't eat" "you need to eat" yada yada yada. I tell anyone who cares to listen, food is not the reason I'm not fat. In fact, while I may not be a big a eater, the composition of my tiny meals will send any one with fat genes to the gym.

I love any meal that comes with colour and has an aroma that has me sniffing around. So I basically try to turn everyday meals into something with an aroma and color or a different shape. Sometimes, I stand at the door to my refrigerator and just keep staring. My financial industry work has me staring at every food item and considering the Merger possibilities and what the resulting company would look like.

I'm not even sure this should be a post, but I had to advertise some food blogs and show off pictures of some Food-Xperiments. I'm hoping this would encourage at least one clueless lady on the potentials of the several items in her refrigerator and I plan to add a new picture, everytime a food-xperiment is succesful.
If you've got Flour, make some pancakes for breakfast and experiment with something on the side.



Shredded Chicken, prawns and coloured peppers, served with Basmati Rice. I was very proud of this experiment


Chicken Fried Rice , there was nothing new about the meal so i experimented with serving shapes
Spaghetti garnished with cabbage and prawns, served with 'Gizdo' (Gizzards and Plantain cooked together) 

Macaroni and vegetables. It looked like the macaroni was gonna grow old in my cupboard so I had to do something with it. the experiment turned out well.
Boiled Potatoes, with a sauce made from red peppers, green peppers, cabbage, and sardine.
I had too much soft chicken in my fridge, so i shredded it and fried it with blended pepper and served with fried plantain.

Eggs and Sausages served with Boiled Plantain

Fried Yam, with Eggs and Sausages, if you ever have boiled Yam, left over, here's what to do with it.
Basmati Rice served with a sauce full of every thing I found on the rack in a store.


Here's What to do with your left over Chicken Sauce. Make a Chicken Wrap



 If you think I have time, wait till you visit food blogs like  foodandfashionfusion.wordpress.comhttp://www.dooneyskitchen.com/, and  http://www.avartsycooking.com/ 

You can thank me later.






Comments

  1. You can send me a mail for the recipes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i wot mind s recipes 2 and where i cn gt ingredients in abuja..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find almost everything you need at the Next store in Kado. Let me know which of the meals specifically, so I can send you a recipe.

      Delete
  3. Food with colour and good tatse. Don't u just love it? I DO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too... only way you can get me to eat actually. colour and taste and an aroma that has me sniffing...

      Delete
  4. Hmmn.... Lovely ideas. I'm definitely going to try the gizdo(please send me the recipe). I need to break my boring routine of indomie and egg/spaghetti concotion/rice and stew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catering practical special!!!! Nice one jare. The Mister is on full enjoyment. You may not have the constitution for food, but pls help uncle maintain his 6 packs. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt if anyone can get the coveted 6 packs after eating all these lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear DSTV,

Med-View Airline and its Foreign Cabin Crew!