Pagada - A village remembered by God


(All pictures courtesy COZA Witty Inventions Dept.)

From the moment it was announced, I knew I just had to be a part of it. If I was being lazy with launching out on my own, then perhaps I could tag along and be a blessing nonetheless. I’m so glad I made it to Pagada. The name does not even sound razz. It may very well be the latest designer in town and girls would instantly add a ring to the name ‘Pagada’… but these Pagadians had no clue what designers were in vogue, let alone turn their village name into a reigning word.

So God sent the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly Abuja, and the church responded. 50 minutes drive or thereabout Pastor had said, but then he also had never been there. Away we went; a convoy of cars and buses, a beautiful array of coloured COZA caregiver T-shirts, and an excitement that was almost confusing. I had to remind myself this was Abuja. If it was Lagos I’d have thought I got the announcement all wrong, and perhaps we were headed to the beach. It was after all Easter Monday.



But we were headed to Pagada, a village in the Gwagwalada Area Council of the FCT. I’ve never seen a breed like the members of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly. The sun was at its hottest in that little village yet they engaged the women and children in songs and dance and even taught them a few dance steps. We were met by children who were mostly barefoot and poorly clad but who still greeted us on arrival with ‘good afternoon’ even though it was only about 11 am.

The team instantly set to work, like we were at home. The sound got set up, different stands for medicals and other supplies were arranged. The Pagadians filed out and cooperated. They sang, they clapped, they danced, they even said ‘Mummy D we celebrate you’


A Team of believers brought cheer to this lonely village. I saw a woman dancing. She stood for the camera and just kept dancing afterwards. I was overwhelmed. I had no idea what she was saying as she danced and gazed towards the heavens, but I Joined her in saying Thank you Jesus nonetheless. I witnessed one or two people tell some of the men about Jesus. He said it in hausa, but then I guess the only way he could express the joy of salvation was to say ‘it is such a beautiful thing’ at which I smiled.

Everyone was useful at Pagada. It was the most fulfilling day ever for me. The day ended with the commission of the borehole and a dancing competition which saw the people winning TV sets, centre piece rug, crockery and a fridge. 

Only when we got back to the city did we realize how dirty we all were, but then again, what’s our dirty denim compared to the smile we brought to the faces of the Pagadians.

God bless Pastor Biodun and Pastor Mo, God bless everyone who made it, God bless everyone who prayed for those who went, God bless everyone who could speak hausa and made the outreach down to earth, God bless the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly.




For more pictures of the Pagada outreach please follow the link below.

Comments

  1. This looks like it was a whole lot of fun. God bless you all for your evangelism. Preaching God's word to the hungry and the ailing is void and of no effect. The value added is clear for all to see. God bless you all for making the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CherryWine...God bless us all...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to spend the holiday..if you treat people right, you treat God right. God bless all us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food-Xperiments

Dear DSTV,

Med-View Airline and its Foreign Cabin Crew!